Welcome to our 1/2B class blog

Just another global2.vic.edu.au site

Como House Excursion

on September 5, 2017

On Friday 1st September, all the children went to Como House by bus.

First we met two ladies in old fashioned clothes. Their names were Sarah and Jill. They were dressed up as servants. They gave us the grand tour of Como House and Gardens and then we had our play lunch. The ladies said that after we finished eating we could play.

When we were finished playing, we went into our groups to do our activities. My groups first activity was looking inside the mansion. She gave us the grand tour and showed us how to introduce ourselves to our dance partner and  do ball room dancing in the ball room. After we finished dancing, we had our lunch.

After lunch we finished all our other activities. We went on a mystery tour around the gardens, played old fashioned games and visited the servants’ laundry to learn what it was like to be a  servant in the past.

Finally when we had finished all our activities, we went back to school by bus.  We had the best day ever learning about life in the past.

Written by Cathy

8 Responses to “Como House Excursion”

1. Melina says:

Dear Ms Bateman,
    I had fun visiting the Como House because I liked meeting Sarah and Jill, it was the best day of my life.
    From Melina

2. Ashley says:

Dear Ms Bateman,
    When we went to Como House it was the best day ever.My favourite part was when we did the mystery of who broke the doll.
    From: Ashley 😁😊

3. James says:

Dear Ms Bateman,
    Thank you for letting us visit Como House. It was really fun going there.
    From James

4. Mary Hoang says:

Dear Ms Bateman,
    Thank you for taking us to the Como House. It was fun and interesting.

5. Ruby says:

Dear Miss Bateman, I still wonder who broke the doll. I think it was Anne. We had a great day visiting Como House. Thank you. Ruby

6. Ruby says:

Dear Miss Bateman, I wonder who broke the Doll. I think it’s Anne. I had a wonderful time visiting Como House. Thank you.

7. Chelsea says:

Dear Ms Bateman,
    Thank you for talking us to Como House.I enjoyed every bit and activity that I did.Thank you for planing this wonderful excursion.
    From Chelsea:)

8. Aaron says:

Dear Ms Bateman,
    Thank you for bringing us to the Como House. I liked it because we got to do fun activities and play games.